Installation of FCT2: GRUB interactive on 1stinstallandGRUBhangs on 2nd install

Kenny Speer kenny.speer at comcast.net
Tue May 4 14:43:54 UTC 2004

I'm afraid not.  Hard drives have a feature called
"bad-block-remapping", if sectors go bad they are remapped internally on
the drive to spare blocks used for this purpose.  I don't know enough
about the DOS MBR and grub to tell you if those sectors are bad that one
  or the other will or won't work.  It's a suggestion to try another
drive just to isolate the issue.