Request For FC2 final release

Bob Gill gillb4 at telusplanet.net
Tue May 4 15:42:58 UTC 2004

Hi.  I have a request for FedoraCore2.  I use the x console windows
quite a bit for maintentance/upgrades and for running big/long
background jobs (yum upgrades/povray).  What saves me serious
Meta/Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is having a mouse in the x console.  I can
run "gpm -m /dev/psaux -t ps2" manually (and I am), but it would be nice
to have it start by default.  Also, since installing FC2-test3
yesterday, I can report the following working successfully:
Scanner (xsane for all users)
TV  (xawtv)
CDRW (cdrecord)
DVD (mplayer)
X (running Nvidia Binaries)
Firewire (2 hard drives and camcorder into Kino)
Stereo Sound (both front and rear)
... since I did have a few config problems, I found that using reiserfs
for a boot partition makes long waits waiting for e2fsck (and running
e2fsck myself) a thing of the past.
Please keep in mind that I am running the 2.6.6-rc3-bk5 kernel (post
install).

Thanks,
Bob