Status of FireWire/IEEE1394/SBP2 in FC2?

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Tue May 4 16:09:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 16:55, Rob van Nieuwkerk wrote:
> Firewire is disabled in FC2t3 en rawhide kernels.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

> There seem to be problems with firewire stability in Linux 2.6 kernels.
> Don't know if these problems are already solved in the firewire and/or
> kernel development trees.
>
> I really would like to see working firewire in the final FC2.
> (or as soon as possible in a upgrade kernel): I need firewire
> for my backups and it not being available would prevent me from
> switching to FC2 (which I really like otherwise).

Yep -- I'm in the same boat. I didn't move to FC1 because of this, but
now RHL9 is EOL I have to move to something and working FireWire is
going to have to be a deciding factor.

Thanks for the response.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren at dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com