Insufficient privileges with Firestarter

Olu Akins b.akins at verizon.net
Tue May 4 18:19:09 UTC 2004

I have FC2T3 installed with 2.6.5-1.327 and I have never had any problem
running firestarter from the icon. I just installed 2.6.5-1.349 and rebooted
and I get this message from both kernels when I click on the icon
"Insufficient privileges
 You must have root user privileges to use Firestarted"

I don't want to give the user root privileges and normally it ask for root
password when the icon is clicked.

I can start Firestarter from the shell as su and I noticed it complains about
"FATAL: Module bsd_comp not found"

any solution?

Olu