Epiphany Version

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Wed May 5 05:25:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 17:39 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> Setting the preferred text editor to gEdit does work - I think (and this
> can be fixed before core2 release) that that should be done, OO.o should
> not be what is used for the default text editor if the user has not
> specified a preferred text editor.

OO.o as the default text editor is not good (serious overkill).  If that
is a clean install of test 3 so that you know the default did get set to
OO.o then you should probably file a bug on that.

> That being said - I think updating to a stable epiphany rather than
> development is a good idea.

Probably, but it may be too late already because adequate testing time
no longer exists.

> Since nothing else in Fedora depends upon anything epiphany provides -
> can it be updated to a _stable_ version before core2 release?

File an RFE bug against epiphany asap, but expect the changes to be
post-release back-ported rather than 'blanket' upgraded.

--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic State University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lmorgul on irc.freenode.net