troubles with nautilus on x86_64

Chuck Mead csm at moongroup.com
Wed May 5 19:37:19 UTC 2004

Marshall Lewis said:
> I didn't notice this thread before.. I've had this problem (on two
> x86_64 machines) and could not get it to clear until I did a clean
> re-install of Fedora... at least that fixed it on one machine. On the
> other machine downgrading to the shipped fc2t3 kernel fixed it, but then
> a later upgrade worked without trouble.  Personally I think nautilus is
> being overly sensitive to system changes.  I realize that isn't very
> helpful, but I never could determine a real cause, or get it to fail
> again once it was "fixed".
>
> Oh also, I first experienced this problem running an early rawhide
> version of FC2.

Well... this happened on an "upgrade install" and then I said phooey and
did a completely new install and had the same problem. Then I downloaded
the nautilus src.rpm's and rebuilt all of them except nautilus-media which
will not build at all as it is trying to link against /usr/lib instead of
/usr/lib64.

csm at moongroup.com
Chief Tech and Bottle Washer