Closed HTTP port 80 - Can not open it

Dwaine Garden DwaineGarden at rogers.com
Thu May 6 05:12:17 UTC 2004

Joe Reid wrote:

>On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 23:39, Jerry O. Dueitt, Jr. wrote:
>

>>--=-GFfo/kHuGgNaKy4AY1SC
>>
>>If you execute iptables -L it should give you a listing of your iptables
>>rules. This will tell you if iptables is blocking your port.
>>

>You may also want to check and see if apache is set uporrectly to listed
>on this port. netstat -at and check for a LISTEN on port 80.
>
>Joe

Here is the output....

[root at www root]# netstat -at
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 *:printer               *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:smux                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:netbios-ssn           *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:x11                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:http                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 localhost:ipp           *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:9753                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 localhost:smtp          *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:microsoft-ds          *:*                     LISTEN
[root at www root]#

Looks like http is listening.  I do not get it.  Just after upgrading to
Fedora Test 3 from RH9.   Nothing.