unable to recompile kernel

Matias Feliciano feliciano.matias at free.fr
Thu May 6 19:40:07 UTC 2004

Le jeu 06/05/2004 à 21:16, Almacha a écrit :
> -> If somebody already finished a kernel recompilation of
> linux-2.6.5-1.327 AND UNDER linux-2.6.5-1.327 tell me and ignore my
> post. But I wanted to be sure that it is possible.

It's possible :-)

Hardware problems ? Use memtest86+ :
rpm -q -i memtest86+
[...]
Description :
Memtest86+ is a thorough stand-alone memory test for x86 and x86-64
architecture computers. BIOS based memory tests are only a quick
check and often miss many of the failures that are detected by
Memtest86+.

Run 'memtest-setup' to add to your GRUB or lilo boot menu.