cyrus-imap

David Collantes david at bus.ucf.edu
Fri May 7 02:08:53 UTC 2004

On 5/6/2004 4:01 PM, seth doty wrote:

> After upgrading from FC1 to FC2 test 3 i realized that FC2 uses cyrus-imap
> and not the standard IMAP package that FC1 used and that it doesn't use PAM
> by default because I can no longer login through IMAP.  The server is
> running fine because I can telnet to it but when atempting to login I get a
> authentication error.  I have looked around at cyrus documentation of the
> cyrus site and redhat's site but the admin tools (mkimap, cm.user, etc) do
> not work.  I even tried changing the .conf file to pam authentication by
> changing the method to sasl_passwd_check: pam and I tried shadow.  any help
> getting users back in any way would be appreciated, thanks

Yes, documentation is scarce. The admin user on Fedora Cyrus is cyrus. Set a
password for it (passwd cyrus) and use cyradm (man cyradm) to add users. Cyrus
on FC2 is compiled to use shadow passwords for authentication, so users must
exist on the system before a mailbox is created with cyradm.

Cheers,

--
David