FC2T3 on Dell Latitude C400 Laptop

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri May 7 02:42:23 UTC 2004

> 1. I selected a generic 1024x768 LCD panel during installation.  When X
> first started, it asked for resolution and color depth settings.  X only
> showed two options for resolution: 640x480 and 800x600.  It appeared
> that X was in 1024x768 resolution at the time it asked for these
> settings.  Even now, it's in the correct resolution.  However, Display
> settings still only shows those two available options.

I have the same problem with an Inspiron 600m/Latitiude 600D (confusion result of
main board exchange by tech support).

Anyway I have the 1400x1050 display and it appears to be in the right mode,
but the display config only has picks for 640x480 and 800x600. I selected
Dell 1400x1050 LCD during install.

I know I need to add it bugzilla, if it isn't already there.

Philip