getting ACPI suspend to work (on Dell Inspiron)

Christian Menzel chris at menzel.com
Fri May 7 13:52:35 UTC 2004

On Fr, 2004-05-07 at 15:38, Jonathan Baron wrote:

> Suggestions?
You can do 'echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep' to enter suspend.
It works on my Dell Precision M50, but after powering it on, the display
remains black and the network is not coming back.
If I switch to text console and log in as root I can shutdown the
machine (typing everything blind).
This is for me one of the biggest problems in FC2T3 because I was used
to close the notebook to suspend it and open it to resume work.
Now I have to shutdown every time I want to move the laptop.

--
Christian Menzel <chris at menzel.com>