FC2-dev - ESD - DOES ANY ONE HAVE AN ANSWER???

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 9 23:58:55 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 03:01:08PM -0400, Brian R Smith wrote:

> I have tried this message _three_ times and still have not received a reply.
>
> In FC2, will ESD only support ALSA or will it support ALSA and OSS?  I
> insist on using the OSS drivers because the ALSA snd-intel8x0 driver
> _sucks_ on my laptop (ACPI conflicts, poor sound quality, etc).
>
> Someone please let me know whats up with ESD.

Recently looking at the configuration
to build a recent kernel the OSS sound system was
marked as deprecated in favor of ALSA.

Both should be there at this time.
 Linux Kernel v2.6.5-1.356custom Configuration
  │ │                <M> Open Sound System (DEPRECATED)

So both are there but the future direction is indicated.

Since you can use either at this time, go ahead use OSS.  I would
recommend productive bug reports to clear up things like ACPI
conflicts.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l