cyrus-imap

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Mon May 10 04:06:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 09:35, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 10.05.2004 schrieb Chris Kloiber um 01:43:
>
> > Then log in with the password you created with saslpasswd2.
> > I was able to create mailboxes for users with no entries in /etc/passwd
> > on the system, and access them from evolution. I was *NOT* able to
> > delete those accounts using 'dm username' I keep getting 'permission
> > denied'. That's something I'm probably not doing right.
>
> > Chris Kloiber
>
> That is a security feature. This avoids that users accidentally delete
> their mail account. The cyrus-imapd superuser would have to change the
> permissions. But even if you delete the mailbox inside cyrus the
> authentification data will persist in the sasldb(2) database unless root
> deletes the user. And the cyrus-imapd should be compiled with the
> autocreate patch, so that for users with login data the INBOX will be
> created automagically on first login/delivery.
>
> Alexander

I was logged in as user 'cyrus'. I created a mailbox 'ckloiber' which
worked, and I could set/remove permissions and store mail there. But I
discovered that all mail boxes should be created like:

galileo.ckloiber.com> cm 'user.ckloiber'

Which gives that user an official 'INBOX:'
So I was having difficulty running the command:

galileo.ckloiber.com> dm 'ckloiber'

Which I expect to work when I'm logged in as 'cyrus'. I suspect the
difficulty may lie in the fact the mailbox to be deleted does not follow
the naming convention.

--
Chris Kloiber