Keyboard errors when logging into gnome

Phil Anderson pza at pza.net.au
Mon May 10 05:46:25 UTC 2004

I have a large number of old RH9/FC1/Cygwin PCs which act as X
terminals, connecting to a very beefy server which is running FC1.  At
the moment, it handles everything really well.

I've just tested FC2T3, and all the X terms give an XKBD error message
when logging into Gnome.  After the message pops up 3 times, everything
works as usual.

I know there was some bug with XKBD configuration in xorg.conf, but that
was related to a local running X session.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to all these terminals
to avoid this error?  Or am I going to update all these terminals to
FC2/new cygwin so that they are running xorg-x11?

Phil