CD ripping is broken on USB drives

Gregory G Carter gcarter at aesgi.com
Mon May 10 17:18:53 UTC 2004

On a related thread I handled several requests recently from users who
were using cdroaster, which would crash after updating to Fedora Core 2.

Appearently, the initial setup you go through with cdroaster, to
enumerate devices had changed.

So I simply reran the setup and deleted the old 0,0,0 device.

I think Fedora renumerated the devices on startup as now the CD is
listed as 1,0,0 and not 0,0,0 as it was before.  Now, the hard disk is
listed as 0,0,0.

Since when did the hard disk now become part of the enumerated SCSI
devices with the now deprecated ide-scsi=/dev/hdc kernel command line
option?

Is this normal?

-gc