imap server - Dovecot or WU-imap

whb at ceimaine.org whb at ceimaine.org
Tue May 11 14:35:54 UTC 2004

See the discussion thread on cyrus-imap.
Looks like there are no good answers, but most people seem to think that
an upgrade to cyrus is a good choice.  Migration of exisisting mail from
UW-IMAP requires finding some documentation.  I'm in the same situation,
and I am trying to see what will work.  I have been using the mbx format
(instead of the mbox format), so both options require some work for me.

Good luck.

> Hi,
>
> maybe I missed something so you could please push me in the right
> direction, but is the WU-imap package replaced by the Dovecot Imap server?
>
> If so, what would I have to do if I update my current Fedora 1 imap
> server to core 2?
>
> If there is no replace, I haven't found the imap-rpm in FC2T3.
>
> Regards
>
> Götz
> --
> Götz Reinicke