Kickstart Failure

Steve Gonzales gonzo at eng.lsu.edu
Tue May 11 15:33:26 UTC 2004

Hello.

I am testing Fedora Core 2 Test 3.  I am able to install it on multiple
computers in various ways with one exception which fails on all
computers: kickstart (both "linux ks=floppy" and "linux ks").

The process gets all the way to installing packages when it fails on the
"at-3.1.8-52" package.  The following "Error Installing Package" window
appears:

"There was an error installing at-3.1.8-52.  This can indicate media
failure, lack of disk space, and/or hardware problems.  This is a fatal
error and your install will be aborted.  Please verify your media and
try your install again."

I can install from this NFS point using "linux askmethod" at the linux:
prompt.

Googling this problem reveals that at least one other person has had
this problem but no resolution has been found.

The %packages section in my kickstart file looks like:
%packages
@ kde-software-development
@ office
@ kde-desktop
@ x-software-development
@ gnome-desktop
@ dialup
@ editors
@ admin-tools
@ system-tools
@ base-x
@ sound-and-video
@ printing
@ gnome-software-development
@ graphics
@ kernel-development
@ development-tools
@ text-internet
@ graphical-internet
kdemultimedia
-xsane-gimp
kernel
-openoffice.org
ethereal-gnome
gcc-objc
-slrn
quanta
-sane-frontends
-gpdf
-fetchmail
lynx
e2fsprogs
-xchat
-xsane
system-config-proc
nmap-frontend
shapecfg
xpdf
x3270-x11
grub
xmms
grip
kdegraphics
-gaim
expect
xmms-skins

Other than the "selinux --disabled" line, the top section has all the
standard global configuration parameters such as keyboard, firewall, and
bootloader.

Any help would, of course, be appreciated.

TIA!
Steve Gonzales
LSU Div. of Engineering Services