imap server - Dovecot or WU-imap

Zach Wilkinson zachw at termdex.com
Wed May 12 01:36:50 UTC 2004

That's from the release notes for 1.92.  The release notes from FC2 (2.00)
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/RELEASE-NOTES-en.html
say:

Packages removed:
imap - Replaced by dovecot

Packages added:
cyrus-imapd - Cyrus IMAP implementation

So you get both, but my guess is that dovecot is the default.  Just like
sendmail is the default MTA but they also ship Postfix and Exim.