FC2T3 rhn-applet question mark

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu May 13 17:12:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004 12:53:11 -0400, Daniel Veillard
>   It starts to be a very confusing interface. We use to have
> Red/Green/Blue
> then we added Grey for network error, and now we would have a fifth
> level,
> which can only be understood if you analyze a more complex set of data.
> That's too much ...

I defer to infinitely better judgement about where the line of sanity
is along the currently implemented interface. Do you have another
option in mind to re-integrate the network problem situation into the
user experience? Or does someone in the community need to come up with
a clever way to show users that a network error is happening that is
not attached to the icon color/shape?
Are there some parameters to bound the solution space, or does
rhn-applet punt the network error notification feature completely?

-jef