FC2T3 rhn-applet question mark

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Thu May 13 17:16:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> On top of that I think there is an underlying design problem, now that
> up2date can use multiple yum repos. How do you inform the user in
> situations where some but not all of the repos are broken in the
> sources file in such a way that users still know about the update from
> the correctly listed repos? The grey question mark, even if it did
> work, is sort of out of place unless all repos listed in sources are
> broken.  From a design standpoint a new icon for the mixed case needs
> to be added maybe a grey exclamation mark to indicate there are
> updates on atleast one working repo listed AND atleast one repo listed
> seems to be unresponsive.

why? If any of your yum repositories are broken, you're screwed -- yum won't
update unless all listed repositories are available.... If / when that ever
changes, it might be worth the complexity, but for now all the user cares
about is that "it aint going to work for me" (gray question market).

later,
chris