Trying to find a fault with downloading email with evolution

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri May 14 06:14:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

For some reason, I am virtually unable to download my email from work
remotely. It is allowed and does work, but since Sasser hit, it has been
very on-off.

What happens is this.

Evolution begins it's download of emails. It checks my home accounts and
then goes to my work account, finds there are (say) 5 emails waiting on
the server and attempts to download the first. At this point, it fails.

My user details are correct (it's worked before and I've changed nothing),
so I'm trying to provide the information services bods with as much info
as I can. I can't find anything in /var/log or in .evolution which reports
errors.

Does anyone know where I can find the evolution error log? I'm using
v1.5.7 under FC2

TTFN

Paul

--
"There are four stages to any war
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you