FC2T3 X Configuration - No devices detected

Götz Reinicke goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Fri May 14 08:52:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

I recently installed FC2T3 on an older PII 366 for a test. The
Installation from an NFS Server hosting the isos worke fine.

But after the reboot, there is no loginscreen, the disply stays black.
In the Xorg.0.log there is on EE : (EE) No devices detected.

This is confusing me, because the messages of the boot process are shown
and I could use the gfx installation mode which is asking for the
display configuration and settings.

I can remember that there has been a problem like that on my toshiba
labtop and I had to edit the xorg.conf by hand (Hsync... something)

The graphiccard is an elsa winner1000/T3D AGP, the monitor an iiyama
visionmaster 403 17".

Thanks for any hints and tips.

Regards Götz
--