Panasonic CF-R1 won't boot with install kernel crash

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Fri May 14 23:18:36 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 06:55 +0900, Makoto Fujiwara wrote:
> | From: Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>
> | Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 17:16:03 -0400
>
> Phil> Sounds like it's worth a Bugzilla report.
> Thanks, when I tried to file the problem,
> Product   Fedora Core
> Component kernel
> Version   test3
> Platform  i386
> Summary   install kernel crashes on Panasonic CF-R1(chipset 440)
>  Examples:
>  Bad:  Installer crashed
>  Good: Installer hangs when loading aic7xx moudle
> Mine sounds like Bad:

Seems OK - The point is to provide enough detail to uniquely identify
the bug in the summary.

> But the information I have right here is just above.
> Is this just the way I would do ?  OR
> Is there any way to truck down the location ?
> Say,
>  try some kernel on Fedore Core1 ?

Not quite sure what you're getting at here.  If you have successfully
installed other distros (like Fedora Core 1) on the same hardware, it
would be worth mentioning.  You should also note that you tried both the
FC2T3 installation media and a later development/rawhide boot.iso
(specify date) and had the same problem.

Phil