fedora test3

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sat May 15 04:43:50 UTC 2004

On Sat, 15 May 2004 04:31:02 +0000, James Bond wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using Fedora test3 . I am having trouble using yum to update my system.
> I get the following error when I try to execute the command:
>

> yum update
>
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 1.92 - i386 - Base
> retrygrab() failed for:
>
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1.92/i386/os/headers/header.info
>   Executing failover method
> failover: out of servers to try
> Error getting file
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/1.92/i386/os/headers/header.info
> [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>

> Please help!!

Can't. Fedora Core 2 Test period has ended. As a work-around, either
hardcode the '2' directory in your yum.conf, which means replace the
$releasever macro, or update the fedora-release package manually:

  http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.5-1.358