Xnest/gdm/xdmcp weirdness

Dan ml at mutox.org
Sat May 15 08:24:31 UTC 2004

Experiencing some unusual behaviour with Xnest/xdmcp on FC2test3. This
install is very recent; its close to what will be the final release.

gdm is running with xdmcp enabled. X starts up, i log in, and run this:

$ Xnest :1 -indirect localhost

Which presents a chooser. The chooser only shows the local machine, and
when i try to connect, the local X session dies (I have to log back in).
Im using the nv driver on the local display.

I know I have done this on earlier betas, and in FC1, without any (or
many) problems.

Has anyone else seen this? Or can confirm this behaviour? I had a quick
look in Xorg.0.log, and saved the output from Xnest, but i see no clues.

Cheers,

Dan