Unable to boot on WinXP after Fedora Core 2 test3 install

Marco Bicca www.mbicca.linux.com at terra.com.br
Sat May 15 17:49:02 UTC 2004

At 19:21 05-15-2004 +0200, you wrote:

Ok .. here is my setup:

2 120GB Harddrives on a Promise Controller as HDE and HDG

I have Fedora on HDE and WinXP on HDG

If I do not hide the partitions under HDE I couldn't boot to WinXP (Don't
know why)

The partition that I have on HDG is NTFS, after I did that change it's
working beautifully ...

I don't have any extended partitions on any hard drive all partitions are
primary I have two partitions on HDE
and one partition on HDG.

HDE
/ - ext3 - primary
swap - primary
HDG
ntfs - primary

Let me know if you need anything else :)
Thanks,

>Marco Bicca wrote:
>
>>I have an installation with Windows XP and Fedora Core 2 Test 3 and my
>>Windows option inside grub looks like:
>>
>>rootnoverify (hd1,0)
>>unhide (hd1,0)
>>hide (hd0,0)
>>hide (hd0,1)
>>makeactive
>>chainloader 1+
>

>what would happen if you unhide (hd0,0) (hd0,1)
>can you boot into xp ?
>
>do you have an extented partition on hda or 2 primaries ?
>do you have only 1 primary on hdb for xp ?
>

>my  w2k-prof  boot.ini  under  vmware  on  sda1
>----
>c:\boot.ini
>[boot loader]
>timeout=30
>default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
>[operating systems]
>multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000
>Professional" /fastdetect
>----
>

>--
>shrek-m
>

>--

___
Marco Bicca
Network Security Engineer

eMail: mbicca at terra.com.br
iCq: 3198441
YiM: twilightdrummer
MsNm: hadeswarden at hotmail.com
Linux registered user: 298447
PgP Key @ http://mbicca.securesolution.com.br/pgp/marco_bicca.asc

In the year of the new century and nine months, From the sky will come a
great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees. Fire approaches the great new
city..."

In the city of york there will be a great collapse, 2 twin brothers torn
apart by chaos while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb,
third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

NOSTRADAMUS