Red Hat Introduces Desktop Linux Competitor

Jim Cornette redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Sat May 15 19:31:25 UTC 2004

jim tate wrote:
> Why is it, that Redhat so dislikes KDE? the number one
> choice of linux users.

I've used GNOME since RHL 5.2. KDE was added later. I used KDE first
when Mandrake was an RHL 5.2 distro with KDE added. I played around with
KDE for awhile, then switched back to RHL.

I don't know what survey the above statement is based upon. Redhat added
KDE as a choice. GNOME and other desktops were before KDE.

I rarely use KDE, but install it as a failsafe and for different
choices. I don't dislike KDE. I just feel more comfortable with GNOME.

Having an option to choose one or the other is my preferred option. I
can understand if streamlining products to less choice is a corporate
strategy. They might have a better grasp on the common used.

--
What happened last night can happen again.