Realplayer9 ?? fedora2test3

Mark Fonnemann markf78 at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 17:09:37 UTC 2004

Hello-

On Sat, 15 May 2004 12:22:51 -0700, "Shahms E. King" wrote:
>There are Helix Player RPMS available as well and those will play all of
>the newest Real Audio formats *and* the player is "open source" and uses
>Gtk+.

thanks for pointing this out... i was not aware that this existed. according to
https://player.helixcommunity.org/2004/schedules/index.html, a new alpha
release is on May 18 for all those interested. this is exciting... the ability
to play new Real formats and to remove Real's software from my computer while
supporting open source: win, win, win situation.

one question as follow-up: where would i download a MPEG-4 codec from? it
states at the above-mentioned url that "MPEG4 enabled (codec not bundled)"?
thanks for your help... very much appreciated!

mark. :-)