Serious reservations about FC2 release on 5/18

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Mon May 17 03:47:14 UTC 2004

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 10:32:13PM -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
> Looking back on this thread, you have been a constant complainer about
> everyone who has the opinion that this is an issue that needs serious
> attention.
> Why are you so vitriolic about this issue?

Not to excuse excessive vitriol, but as I said in another post, I think it's
a predictable response due to the subject line and general tone of the
original message. The complaint should be "this bug ought to get fixed", not
"FC2 shouldn't be released until my problems are solved". Whether or not it
really should be released is a moot point -- it's already out the door. So,
that sets the tone for argument -- whether that was the intent or not.