vmware 4.51, FC2T3 [x86_64] - had had anyone success?

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Mon May 17 16:33:34 UTC 2004

I'm running FC2T3 (kernel 358) and tried to install vmware 4.51
workstation. Did anyone succeed running this combination?

While trying to compile the kernel modules some error messages came up
here:
vmware...../driver.c (131): Warning:
                            Initialising incompatible type of pointer
vmware...../driver.c (135): Warning:
                            Initialising incompatible type of pointer

and some others, resulting in an unknown symbol and compilation aborted.

On google I found vmware-any-any-update67, but no hint how to install
it. And it seems to be for the i386 arch.

Any help appreciated.

Peter