Token Ring driver not compiled in FC2

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at ckloiber.com
Mon May 17 22:15:08 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 01:16, Jeremy Savoy wrote:
> Looks like the IBM Token Ring drivers are not compiled in FC2. While I
> don't mind the exercise of compiling them and the kernel myself, it
> seems like this might be a defect since there are actually quite a few
> of us out here that still use TR, especially here inside of IBM.

You should determine who at IBM is in direct contact with the Red Hat
Technical Account Manager here, and make these requirements known. While
more fitting for Red Hat Enterprise Linux, it certainly can't hurt.

> I would like to compile the drivers as modules and just use them with
> the current FC2 kernel - in the past I've always had symbol trouble
> trying to do this - anyone out there have any pointers?

Install the kernel-2.6.*.src.rpm then modify the *.config files for the
kernels you are interested in. Then in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS run:

# rpmbuild -ba kernel.spec

You will have a nice shiny new (custom) kernel with the additional
modules you desire.

--
Chris Kloiber