How to help? was Re: Serious reservations about FC2 release on 5/18

John Wendel john.wendel at metnet.navy.mil
Tue May 18 00:29:13 UTC 2004

On Monday 17 May 2004 04:55 pm, Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:

> One thing that we need to check is that everybody that was bitten by
> this bug was using grub to chainload windows. This looks like it's the
> situation where the problem appears..
>
> --

Just another data point.

/hda1 --> Windows 2000 (ntfs)
/hda2 --> fc2t3 (ext3)
/hda3 --> swap

Grub installed in MBR, uses chainloader +1 for windows. When I installed
test3, I repartitioned the disk (using the installer) to remove a /boot
partition. No problems of any kind. The box is an old Dell with a 13 GB disk.

Regards,

John