Settings for yum

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Tue May 18 05:34:40 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 09:03 +0100, PFJ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now we've hit FC2, what do I need to bung into yum to ensure FC2 is kept
> up to date?
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

The latest yum (2.0.7-1) package includes the FC2 release yum.conf, it
should work fine when the 2 directories are opened.  To stay at rawhide
you'd uncomment the lower set of entries.

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-$releasever

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/released/fedora-core-$releasever

#[updates-testing]
#name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Unreleased Updates
#baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/updates/testing/fedora-core-$releasever

#[development]
#name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/

# watch out for broken lines here where they don't belong..

--
Andrew Farris, CPE senior (California Polytechnic State University, SLO)
fedora at andrewfarris.com :: lmorgul on irc.freenode.net