Serious reservations about FC2 release on 5/18

Tue May 18 17:00:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 10:56, Lamar Owen wrote:
...snip...
> You know, I've been watching this whole thread with a certain amusement.  I
> have dual-booted into various Windows flavors with impunity using GRUB in MBR
> for a long time now.

Me too, but...

> ...snip...  Oh, and it has a 200GB
> Maxtor drive.  Updating to FC2 at some point in the near future.

And that's where you may start to run into the problems that started
with FC2T3 and beyond dual-boot installs/upgrades, but only with some
hardware configurations.  Expect we have not heard the last of these
issues.  Please post success/failure when you try the update.  I'm going
to try to upgrade my FC1/XP notebook as soon as the torrent finishes
supplying  me with all the ISOs (just finished a full backup).

Phil