Test 3 & Sata, Radeon 9200

Mark Lane mark at harddata.com
Tue May 18 17:24:57 UTC 2004

On May 18, 2004 10:52 am, Greg Miller <greg-miller at shaw.ca> wrote:
> I have recently upgraded from FC1 x86_64 to FC2 test 3.
>
> FC2 recognizes the drives differently. On FC1 my sata drive was sdaX and
> on FC2 it is hdeX. The install would quit when it could not find the
> swap space on sda9. I was able to install by editing my fstab so that my
> swap space was /dev/hde9.

Libata uses scsi device names in 2.4 and ide device names in 2.6

> There was some sort of error that it asked me to save to disk as well. I
> don't know what to do with it.
>
> My video card is a Radeon 9200 and for some reason my resolution has a
> maximum of 800x600 now.

This is a problem with /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Edit the file, go to the display
section and uncomment the vertical refresh and horizontal sync rate lines. If
they are not there add the proper ones for your monitor.

> Mozilla 1.6 did not install because of conflict with 1.4.

I would just download 1.6 rpms and force the install or remove 1.4 and then
install 1.6

Mark Lane, CET mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd. http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771   F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--