Some FC1 security advisories are still missing

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed May 19 13:42:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 19 May 2004 13:58:52 +0200, Leonard den Ottolander
> out with 3.7.2-7.1. The introduction of "fc1" obviously interfered with
> my versioning.

As of now, afaict  there is no policy in place about core package
maintainers changing the release naming, and there hasn't ever been
one even for rhl. It appears to be  a packager by packager choice, so
long as there is a clean upgrade path from previous version of the
core package to the update.

You might want to look at Alexandre Oliva's posts in -devel about using
the "0.whatever" construction for things you roll yourself that you
want relplaced with official updates. I'll be the first one to admit
that I purposely try to ignore the petty fighting..err i mean the
discussions...regarding how to version packages. I'm just waiting to
be told what to do. But the "0." construction might provide you a way
to see official updates, or it might not.

-jef