FC2 automounter differences (hesitant to call them bugs.)

Dan ml at mutox.org
Thu May 20 01:55:43 UTC 2004

I also noticed the changes and i checking out the autofs docs.

With regards to your problem 1, I think its a known issue.

Check out /usr/share/doc/autofs-4.1.2/README.direct

<snip>
NOTE: Due to current design limitations, direct maps will take over an
  entire directory hierarchy.  What this means is, if your direct map
  key is /usr/share/bilbo, then /usr will become an automount mount
  point, mounting over the existing /usr.
</snip>

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 10:31, Greg.Lehmann at csiro.au