NFS install

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Thu May 20 08:06:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 00:49, Brad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot seem to locate images to create boot floppies for FC2 so I can
> install via NFS. Dont currently have a burner that works and have mounted
> the ISO on a current redhat system.
>
> Can I use the images FC1 for this?
>
> Brad
As far as I am aware there are no boot floppies any more due to the size of the kernel now exceeding the size of the floppies.

One method that has been used in the past to try and over come this
issue, is to copy the relevant files to /boot and then create a grub
entry to boot from the specified kernel, then continue to do a network
install.

If you search the archives you should be able to find the information
fairy quickly.

Doug