F2CT3 configuration problem with Toshiba 490XCDT

Domenico Celi domenico.celi at videotron.ca
Thu May 20 14:22:26 UTC 2004

Hello,

My son and I have just finished installing the Fedora F2CT3 core on a
Toshiba 490XCDT laptop.  Two problems were encountered :

- The internal ESS (ES1868) sound card wasn't recognized, and;
- The internal K56flex modem wasn't recognized.

Furthermore, we succeeded once to change the screen resolution from
640x480 to 1024x768 but it reverts back to 640x480 everytime we reboot
or change user.  Sometimes the whole screen freezes over and we can't do
anything

BTW : This is not a dual boot machine.  It would be a dedicated Linux box.

Being new to Linux / Fedora, how can we correct this?  We have been
browsing around but couldn't find any clues.

HELlllllllllp
Domenico