FC2 install failure with selinux turned on....

Tom London tom.london at comcast.net
Thu May 20 22:10:20 UTC 2004

I did a fresh SELinux (and 'everything') installation of FC2 (wiping
clean
a previously working copy of FC2T3).  That is, I entered 'selinux' at
the installation/boot prompt.

I repartitioned and formatted the drive into /boot, /, /home (all
ext3)
and swap partitons.

I selected 'install everything', and the install and 'firstboot'
appears
to have worked properly.  I specified a new user (tbl), NTP etc. when
propted.

When the system 'came up' and I logged in as my 'normal' user, I got
the following error popup:
      Your home directory is listed as:
           '/home/tbl'
      but it does not appear to exist. Do you want to log in with the
      / (root) directory as your home directory?

      It is unlikely anything will work unless you use a failsafe
session.

So, something didn't setup quite right.  (I'll boot single user and
see
if the directory got created and labeled incorrectly)

It then return to the login screen, where I tried to login as root.
This
time I got the following:
     The Applet "gnome-settings-daemon" has quit
unexpectedly.  You can
      inform .....".

Clicking the 'inform developers' button has not no apparent effect.

Anyone see this/have hints?

    tom