FC2 x86_64 SMP broken.

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Fri May 21 12:39:30 UTC 2004

On Fre, 2004-05-21 at 13:12, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> It's a Rhapsody HDAMA motherboard.  Only the SMP kernel crashes.  The UP
> kernel boots fine.

I've seen 2.6.[0-4] SMP crashing because of my Digital 21041 NIC.

> The only thing plugged into the motherboard is an Adaptec 29320 controller.
> Can't really take that out and still be able to boot.

You could boot from a floppy.

Additionally you could try to build modules for the peripherals included
on your mainboard.

Finally I would like to say that Fedora x86_64 is running fine on my
dual Opteron/Tyan Thunder K8W here.

Tom
--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero.
They call this their point of view.