Burning ISO to CD

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Fri May 21 17:33:05 UTC 2004

Hi,

This is slightly off topic but I'm having severe problems burning the
FC2 ISOs to CD with FC2t3.

A conservative guess is that 1 in 5 CDs are working OK the rest are
landfill and this is obviously frustrating my move to FC2.

I'm burning with Nautilus' "Write to CD" option (i.e. right clicking on
the ISO file) and I've checked the MD5sum of the ISO beforehand.

I've tried 3 different drives (Samsung SM-332B, SM-352B and an MSI  52x
CD-R drive) and tried Maximum Available and 2x speed and both fail. (I'm
checking the md5sum of /dev/cdrom and this comes up with the wrong
number and an error message)

The media are Sony 700MB CD-Rs. The platform is Intel 845GERG2 board
with a P4 CPU.

So: am I doing anything wrong? Should Nautilus be able to write
reliably? Are my drives or media no good? Is this a known problem in
FC2t3? Will I ever be able to install FC2?!

I'm very grateful for any pointers in troubleshooting this,

Leon...