2.6.6-1.383 pxeboot files: call for help

Guan Yang guan at unicast.org
Tue May 25 21:40:28 UTC 2004

Hi,

I was installing FC2 on my VIA Epia M10000 board (VIA C3 CPU) through
PXE (because isolinux complains about a buggy bios), and was
experiencing the kernel reboot-on-load problem.

After replacing vmlinuz with vmlinuz from 2.6.6-1.383.i586, it boots
fine and starts up the installer, but now the installer can't find my
network card drivers (for installation over FTP). I tried extracting
initrd, extracting modules.cgz and copying in the relevant .ko files
from the 2.6.6-1.383.i586 RPM, but it doesn't seem to work - loader
complains about cpio header. (Sorry I don't have an exact error
message, but it scrolls by pretty quickly before the Installer starts.)

I was wondering whether anyone could easily build vmlinuz and
initrd.img for pxeboot for 2.6.6-1.383, or already have a copy. If so,
I would greatly appreciate a copy!

(I don't have an existing fc2 environment where I can run the
anaconda-runtime scripts.)

Thanks,
Guan