new kernel for testing

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Wed May 26 08:08:45 UTC 2004

Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> * A patch to improve suspend/resume to ram behavior
>   (If your laptop failed before, please test with this)

Using an IBM Thinkpad T30 2366-81A. Suspend works, kinda. It leaves my
LCD monitor backlight on. There's a little switch on the T30 that turns
off backlight when closing the lid, but after a suspend, the backlight
won't turn off. Also, when resuming, mouse no longer works in X.
CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE doesn't bring the mouse back. init 3, then init 5
also doesn't bring it back. Reboot is the only solution. This is for
both the builtin trackpad and pointing stick as well as external USB mouse.

Any particular log data I can provide? I've looked through
/var/log/acpid and /var/log/messages and there doesn't seem to be
anything particular about it, but then my eyes are not good with logs.
Using 2.6.6-1.383. I would like to note it was the same with the stock
2.6.5-1.358.

dex