Really strange CDRW problem

Christian B. Ellsworth Capo k at dicec.cl
Wed May 26 16:19:20 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 12:08, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some CDRWs which work up to x10. To my understanding, that means
> they're happy on CDRWs upto x10.
>
> When I try to burn using k3b or xcdroast, all that I get is that the
> drive doesn't support x10 discs. These discs work fine on a Win98 box
> with a 8x4x32 drive in (iomega zip CDRW - same as I have in my linux
> machine)
>
> Any ideas what gives on this?

<idea>
between the 4X cdrw and the 10X+ cdrw, i think there is a difference,
the faster disks have a different logo(HIGH SPEED CDRW), on my old HP
9300i (10x4x32x) i couldn't write highspeed disks (10x) in any speed,
only the old 1,2,4X disks.
this was in windoze or linux.
</idea>

--
Christian B. Ellsworth Capo (k at dicec.cl)
Linux Chief Engineer

DICEC Ltda.
Mariano Sanchez Fontecillas 966b, Las Condes, Santiago, Chile.
Phone (56 2) 2633340
Fax (56 2) 2071820
Mobile (56 9) 4195632

All Your Base Are Belong To Tux