Yum bug with kernel-source-2.6.6-1.383 (noarch)

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Fri May 28 15:30:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 15:16, seth vidal wrote:
> > Apt doesn't mind "downgrading" architecture so no problem there (just
> > tested to be sure).
>
> What does it do in the default configuration? Will it just downgrade a
> kernel from i686 to i586 if the i686 packages haven't synced yet? Or
> glibc from i686 to i386?

Yup, that's exactly what'll happen. It's perfectly ok in some cases, and
very bad in some others like the glibc or kernel cases (in a perfect
world there would be no half-synced repositories but..)

> That's the whole reason yum has the exactarch
> setting to keep that from happening.

Adding that to apt-rpm is on my todo-list, just haven't had time to do
anything about it so far.

	- Panu -