[Core2Test3] Hard disk installation

David Lerner dsl at zai.com
Mon May 3 02:00:40 UTC 2004

Stefan Lecho <stlecho at yahoo.com> wrote:

> After booting from the first installation CD and
> selecting harddisk as installation source, the
> following message is generated: "The Fedora Core
> installation tree in that directory does not seem to
> match your boot media."
>
> I've copied the downloaded iso images to a FAT32
> partition and selected that as installation source.
> How should the installation tree look like?

The partition should contain the .iso files, not copies of the contents
of these files. The may be in a directory such as FC2-test3-binary-i386.
Sorry if my earlier post suggested otherwise.

I tried this with an ext2 partition where I had originally downloaded
the images. The loader paused for about 7 seconds before continuing with
the install.

Dave