Problems running tomcat 4.1.27-12

WANG,SHERMAN S shermanw at ucla.edu
Tue May 4 20:01:52 UTC 2004

Hi,

    I recently installed tomcat 4.1.27-12 on two machines with fresh
installs of FC2 Test3 via yum and can't seem to be able to run anything.
On both machines, the service starts without any error messages, but it
doesn't bind to port 8080 so I'm not able to access localhost:8080.  Also,
when I try the runtests script, I get the following (on both installs):

[INFO] creating catalina home in /tmp/tomcat
[INFO] starting server
[ERROR] Traceback (most recent call last):
[ERROR]   File "./runtests", line 65, in ?
[ERROR]     server.getServer(conn)
[ERROR]   File "harness/server.py", line 151, in getServer
[ERROR]     server = apply(Server, args, kwargs)
[ERROR]   File "harness/server.py", line 60, in __init__
[ERROR]     self.start()
[ERROR]   File "harness/server.py", line 117, in start
[ERROR]     raise ServerError, "gave up waiting for server to warm up"
[ERROR] ServerError: gave up waiting for server to warm up
[INFO] stopping server

    Any ideas?

    Thank you for your time,
    Sherman