mc (was Re: Removing gftp-text)

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Wed May 5 09:34:49 UTC 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 15:25, William Hooper wrote:

> Doncho N. Gunchev said:
> [snip]
> > Midnight Command (mc) does the same job in text mode gftp-gtk does in
> > graphic mode for me (I wonder why mc is not included by default in any
> > installation mode, a bit buggy but verry easy to use for newbies).
>
> Did mc ever get UTF-8 aware?
>
> --
> William Hooper

    I saw this link ( http://www.suse.de/~nadvornik/mc.html ) from Vladimir
Nadvornik <nadvornik [at] suse [dot] cz> in the <mc-devel [at] gnome [dot] org>
mail list. I had no time to see what's there, but I hope I'll see mc with
UTF-8 support soon... MC developers last time I remember did not like the
idea... maybe this time. You can check:
    http://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2004-May/msg00001.html

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev    Registered Linux User #291323 at counter.li.org
  GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/DA454F79
  Key fingerprint = 684F 688B C508 C609 0371  5E0F A089 CB15 DA45 4F79