Funnies with gnome and X on 1.92

Neil Thompson abraxis at metroweb.co.za
Wed May 5 10:30:47 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Is anyone else having an interesting time with Gnome/xorg?  I'm
having a couple of regular, but intermittant problems -

.  a total freeze (normally after moving the mouse) I have to then
   reboot the box, this gives an error message in /var/log/messages

     gdm_slave_xioerror_handler: Fatal X error - Restarting :0

   I see no other messages in the gdm or X logs

.  gnome-session-save intermittantly doesn't work and freezes X
   to duplicate this, start up a terminal and open up a bunch of
   tabbed sessions inside it.  Type gnome-session-save and bang!

These are on two different boxen with different display cards.  Are
these worth a bugzilla?

Cheers! (Relax...have a homebrew)

Neil